每天读一遍,英语水平犹如美国人对话

个人日记



What are you trying to say?
你到底想说什么?

Don't be silly.
别胡闹了。

How strong are your glasses?
你近视多少度?

Just because.
没有别的原因。

It isn't the way I hoped it would be.
这不是我所盼望的。

You will never guess.
你永远猜不到。

No one could do anything about it.
众人对此束手无措。

I saw something deeply disturbing.
我深感事情不妙。

Money is a good servant but a bad master.
要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。

I am not available.
我正忙着。

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要。

Never say die. It's a piece of cake.
别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。

Don't worry. You'll get used to it soon.
别担心,很快你就会习惯的。

I konw how you feel.
我明白你的感受。

You win some, you lose some.
胜败乃兵家常事。

Don't bury your head in the sand.
不要逃避现实。

I didn't expect you to such a good job.
我没想到你干得这么好。

You are coming alone well.
你做得挺顺利。

She is well-build.
她的身材真棒。

You look neat and fresh.
你看起来很清纯。

You have a beautiful personality.
你的气质很好。

You flatter me immensely.
你过奖啦。

You should be slow to judge others.
你不应该随意评论别人。

I hope you will excuse me if I make any mistake.
如有任何错误,请你原谅!

It was most careless of me.
我太粗心了。

图片

It was quite by accident.
真是始料不及。

I wish I had all the time I'd ever wasted, so I could waste it all over again.
我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。

I like you the way you were.
我喜欢你以前的样子。

You two go ahead to the movie without me, I don't want to be a third wheel.
你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。

Do you have anyone in mind?
你有心上人吗?

How long have you known her?
你认识她多久了?

It was love at frist sight.
一见钟情

I'd bettle hit the books.
我要复习功课啦。

a piece of one's mind
直言不讳

He gave me a piece of mind, "Don't shift responsibility onto others."
他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”

a cat and dog life
水火不容的生活

The husband and his wife are always quarrelling, and they are leading a cat and dog life.
这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。

a dog's life
潦倒的生活

The man lived a dog's life.
这个人生活潦倒。

A to Z
从头至尾

I know that from A to Z.
我很了解这件事。

above somebody
深奥

Well, this sort of talk is above me.
我不懂你们在讲什么。

all ears
全神贯注地倾听着

When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.
跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。

all the more
更加,益发
You'll be all the better for a holiday.
度一次假,对你会更有好处。

all dressed up
打扮得整整齐齐

She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。

all in all
总的说来;最心爱的东西

The daughter is all in all to him.
女儿是他的无价宝。

all out
竭尽全力

They went all out.
他们鼓足了干劲。

all over
全部结束;浑身,到处

Glad, it is all over.
这事全部结束了,好得很。

I'm wet all over.
我浑身都湿了。

all set
准备就绪

He is all set for an early morning start.
他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。

all you have to do
需要做得是

All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.
你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。

as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC
容易得很

To me, a good story teller, it would be as easy as falling of a log.
对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。

as busy as a bee
非常忙

Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.
妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。

at one's fingertips
了如指掌

How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.
他知道怎么去那个小岛。

at one's wit's end
智穷

Don't ask him. It is also at his wit's end.
不要问他了,他也不知道。

big shot
大人物,大亨

He is a big shot in our little town.

black sheep
败家子,害群之马

Every family has a black sheep.
家家有本难念的经。

black and blue
遍体鳞伤

The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.
那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。

black and white
白纸黑字

The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.
证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。

blind alley
死胡同

You are heading into a blind alley.
你正在钻牛角尖。

blow hot and cold
摇摆不定

This guy seemed to have no own idea. He always blew hot and cold.
这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。

blow one's own trumpet
自吹自擂

Don't blow your own tumpet. Let us see what on earth you can do.
不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。

born with a silver in one's mouth 出生在富贵人家

He is born with a silver in one's mouth.
他是含着金钥匙出生的。

bland new
崭新的

a bland new coat
新衣服

break the ice
打破沉默

The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week. They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.
这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。

by a blow
无意中的一击

He is beaten to the ground by a blow.
他被击到在地。

can't stand it any longer
不能再忍受了

I can't stand it any longer, I quit.
我再也忍受不了了,我走。

图片

carry something too far
过火了

You are carrying your joke too far.
你玩笑开得太过分了。

castle in the sky
海市蜃楼

You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.
你的计划简直就是空想。

cats got one's tongue
哑口无言

chain smoker
老烟枪

come up with
产生,想出

Let me come up with some ideas.
让我想一想。

come easily
容易

Languages come easily to some people.
有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。

cup of tea
喜欢

Movies are not my cup of tea.
我不喜欢看电影。

cut it out
停止,住嘴

Being down and out, he couldn't support his family.
他贫困潦倒,无法养家糊口。

drive at
用意,意欲

What's he driving at?
他用意何在?

drop in
偶然拜访

I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.

drop me a line
写信给我

On arriving the University, please drop me a line.

early bird
早起的人

An early bird catchs worms.
捷足先登

easy come, easy go.
来得快,去得也快。

eat my words
收回前言,认错道歉

I said something bad to my mum. Although I want to eat my words back, it didn't work, for I had hurt my mum's feeling.

face the music
直面困难

He knew he'd never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.
他知道自己不可能逃脱,因此决定一人做事一人当——向警察自首。

face up to
勇敢地面对某事

You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.

fed up
厌倦

I am rather fed up with your complaints.

Feel free to do something
不要拘束

Please feel free to make suggestions.

few and far between
很少,稀少

Human beings are few and far between in this zone.

French leave
不辞而别

give me a headache
让人头痛

The naughty boy gave me a headache.

give me a hand
帮我一下

go Dutch
AA制

God bless you.
上帝保佑你。

God bless you with your examinations.

God knows.
天知道。

Got it?
明白了吗?

green thumbs /fingers
园艺技能

hands are full
非常忙

have a ball
勇敢

have had it
受够了

I have had it with all your excuses.
我受够了你的借口。

hold water
站得住脚

None of his arguements seem to hold water.

in every sense of word
在某种意义上说

It's a lie in every sense of word.
这是不折不扣的谎言。

keep an eye on
提高警惕

kill time
打发时间

lazy bones
懒骨头

Get up lazy bones!

Leave it to me.
让我来吧。

Leave me alone.
别管我。

like father like son
有其父必有其子

like it or not
不管你喜不喜欢

make a fool of oneself
愚弄某人

make a big money
赚大钱

make both ends need
收支平衡

We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.

make waves
引起轰动;兴风作浪

His achievement made waves in his country.

make yourself at home
别拘束

no good
没有好结果

Bad mam comes to no good.

no kidding
不要开玩笑

none of your bussiness
不关你的事

not really
也不是……

old hand
老手

He is an old hand at stealing.

old story
老一套

I am tired of it, same old story.

on one's word of honor
以某人的人格担保

on occasion
间或

of one's own accord
自愿地

packed like sardins
拥挤

During the holidays, people in the trains are packed like sardins.

pass away
去世

pay the price
付出代价

You are playing with the fire and you must pay the poice one day.

put up with
忍受

I cann't put up with your rudeness any more, leave my room.

red-letter day
重要的或值得纪念的日子

red tape
繁文缛节

red carpet
红地毯

run into
偶遇

I ran into an old friend in the shop yesterday.

run out of
用尽,缺少
Quick, quick, we are running out of time.

show up
炫耀

small potatoes
小人物

so what?
那怎么样呢?

stand up for
忍受

suit one's taste
对某人的胃口

sunday dress
最好的衣服

sure thing
十有把握的事

take one's time
尽情玩

Take your time and enjoy it.

take the words out of one's mouth
说出某人想说的话

that's it
就是

That is really something.
太好了。
There is nothing I can do.
我什么都不能做。

There you go
这边请

There is nothing wrong with me.
我没事。

under the table
私底下,秘密地

under the weather
身体不适

What's going on?
怎么了?

what a man
多勇敢的人啊

walking dictionary
活字典

What is up?
近来可好?




文章评论