我们这个时代的尴尬!

人生杂谈

今天我们的楼更高、路更宽,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光更加狭隘
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view.  
我们的花销越来越多,但是得到的享受越来越少
We spend more, but enjoy less.
我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了
We have bigger houses, but smaller families.
我们有了更多的妥协,可时间却少了
We have more compromises, but less time
我们有了更多的知识,但我们的判断力变差了
We have more knowledge, but less judgement.
我们有了更多的药品,可我们的健康更差
We have more medicines, but less health.
我们的财富倍增,但我们真正的价值却在减少
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values
我们说得很多,但我们真正的爱太少,怨恨太多
We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much
我们往返过遥远的月球,但却很难迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍
We reached the Moon and came back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors.
我们已经征服了太空,却征服不了我们的内心
We have conquered the outer space, but not our inner space.
我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却在堕落
We have higher income, but less morals.
我们的时代更加自由了,而我们的快乐却越来越少了
These are times with more liberty, but less joy.
我们的食品更多了,但我们的营养却越来越少了
We have much more food, but less nutrition.
现在每个家庭的收入更高,但离婚却越来越多了
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home, but divorces increase.
我们有了更完善的住房,但我们有了更多破碎的家庭
These are times of finer houses, but more broken homes.
这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始
That’s why I propose, that as of today,
不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别
You do not keep anything for a special occasion, because everyday that you live is a special occasion.  
坐在你家的房屋前廊,多读一些书,去寻找更多的知识,以赞美的眼光去享受你眼前的风景,不要带有任何功利的想法
Search for knowledge, read more, sit on your front porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs.
多花点时间与你的家人及朋友在一起,吃你想吃的东西,去你爱去的地方
Spend more time with your family and friends, eat your favorite foods,  visit the places you love.
生活就是由一连串快乐时光组成的链条,我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment; not only about survival.
举起你珍藏的水晶高脚杯吧,不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,任何时候你想用就享用吧
Use your crystal goblets. Do not save your best perfume, and use it every time you feel you want it.
不要再说诸如这样的词:等将来的某一天、某天再说…
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like “one of these days” and “someday”.
你曾打算有那么一天再写的信,请今天就写吧!
Let’s write that letter we thought of writing “one of these days”.
请告诉我们的家人和朋友,我们是多么的爱他们
Let’s tell our families and friends how much we love them.
不要推辞任何可以给你生活带来欢笑和快乐的事情
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life.
每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别
Every day, every hour, and every minute is special.
因为你真的不知道这是否就是你的最后一刻
And you don’t know if it will be your last.

文章评论

JESSICA

[ffg,#6666ff,#ffffff][ft=,2,]there are so many philosophy theories in your zoo! I got it to mine![/ft][/ft]